The process taken to Refit the Zodiac Transom back to the PVC tubes.
1. Zodiac Transom and transom fittings which were removed by hot air gun.
2. Transom prior to clean-up. The single part Hypalon Adhesive is used later to prime the wood of the transom prior to final fixing with PVC two part adhesive.
3. Removing old glue from Zodiac inflatable with power tool.
4. Removing rowlocks (which were also coming un-stuck) with hot air gun.
5. Rowlock removed.
6. Rowlock after cleaning. This is first primed with Hypalon single part adhesive because the fitting is made of rubber.
A/. PVC Adhesive does not stick to Rubber
B/. PVC Adhesive will stick to Hypalon Adhesive
7. Removing old adhesive from base of transom.
8. Single part Hypalon adhesive and cut down brush ready for priming cleaned up wood so that the PVC adhesive will stick to it.
A/. PVC Adhesive does not stick to wood.
B/. Hypalon Adhesive will stick to wood.
C/. PVC Adhesive will stick to Hypalon Adhesive.
9. After priming – 2 part PVC Adhesive and brush ready for final gluing.
10. Transom with side fitting attached using PVC 2 part Adhesive.
11. Zodiac Dinghy Floor prior to cleaning off old glue.
12. After final gluing to tubes transom strapped tight for 48 hours.
13. Gluing floor with 2 part PVC adhesive to base of the primed wood transom.